She firmly believes that every adult age 18 and above needs to complete an advance directive so that they can receive the care they desire and so that their family, friends, and healthcare providers understand their wishes and know how to care for them when they no longer can speak for themselves. This isn’t about being sick or old; it is about taking control of your life by understanding what choices you have, making decisions on how you wish to live well, and sharing information with those who need to know. If this is not done, you leave a huge burden on the shoulders of those you love to guess at making decisions for you.
Jane speaks to a variety of different groups: civic, religious, community, assisted living, seniors, hospices, wealth managers, lawyers, patient advocates, physicians, nurses, healthcare executives, and other professionals who are involved in end of life planning. She tailors her presentations to the needs and size of your audience.
Listed below is a sample of some of the programs Jane presents:
- Advance Care Planning: What it is and Why do you Care?
- Are you Prepared for the Crisis?
- Securing the Future with Advance Care Planning
- End of Life: How and When to Talk to Patients and their Families
- Have the “Conversation” and Give the “Gift”
- Requirements of the Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare
- Advance Care Planning: Risk Mitigation for Small Businesses
- When Advance Directives Backfire: Avoiding Liability and Patient Safety Risks in the ED
- Five Wishes: Planning for Your Own Unknown Future
Click Here to view a listing of our additional presentation offerings.
Whether you’re ready to have a program tailored to your groups’ needs or just have questions about the content and process of having a presentation for your organization, contact Jane.